Using a Cell Phone? Have the PDF sent to you
Who can submit a Request to Amend a Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
Any person who has ever been a permanent resident of Canada, including those who no longer live in Canada or who have become naturalized Canadian citizens, may apply for an amendment to their record of landing. If your Record of Landing contains incorrect information, this may negatively affect your life in Canada because any information which is on your IMM1000 is legally your personal information in Canada, even if it is incorrect.
An error on your Record of Landing can cause problems with
- Renewing your PR Card
- Proving your PR status
- Applying for government programs
- Becoming a Canadian Citizen
- Applying for a Canadian passport
- Replacing your Canadian citizenship certificate
- Applying for a verification of status
The following information can be amended.
- Family name
- Given name(s)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of birth
- Marital status
- Date or original entry
- Date of landing
Please note: Only errors made by immigration officials will be corrected. If the information was recorded incorrectly because the same error was listed on your ID documents when you landed in Canada, no amendment will be issued.
The following information cannot be amended..
- Legal name changes
- Changes of name due to marriage / divorce
Urgent Processing.If you are in danger of losing your job or government benefits because the information on your Record of Landing is not correct, you may request that your request to amend your Record of Landing application be processed urgently. In order to request urgency when filing, you must provide written proof from a government agency or your employer that unless you provide a copy of your Record of Landing with correct information, you will lose your benefits or employment.
What if I lost my Record of Landing?.
If I file for an amendment, am I risking my status in Canada?.An application for an amendment to your Record of Landing has no bearing on your immigration status in Canada even if the request is refused.
What if I don’t have the passport I used when I landed?.If you no longer have the passport you used when you landed in Canada, this will have a negative effect on your request to amend your Record of Landing. You may still apply if you have the other documentation, however every request is at the discretion of the officer reviewing the application.
What if I don’t have any documents from my home country?.If you do not have any documents issued from the time before you became a permanent resident of Canada, your application will likely be refused. You may attempt to replace these documents by contacting government agencies in your home country and any other countries where you resided prior to becoming a permanent resident of Canada before submitting your application.
Immigroup is able to help you acquire documentation from English-speaking countries. We may be able to help with acquiring documentation from other countries as well. Contact us to see if we can help!
Select one that suits you best.
- Complete the form online.
- Securely pay through Paypal
- Receive your amended Record of Landing in the mail
- Call us toll free: 416-962-2623 / 1-866-760-2623
- Complete the application and send to one of our representatives for processing
- Receive your amended Record of Landing (IMM 1000) in the mail
Walk-in Service (Toronto)
Our office is open between 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, and appointments are available between 9:30am – 4:15 pm. Please contact us to schedule an appointment (Address and contact info). Please note that while walk-ins are welcome, priority is given to clients with appointments. Expected appointment length is one hour.
Please have the following documents with you. All necessary documents are listed.
- Proof of current residence
- Driver’s License
- Provincial / Territorial Photo ID Card
- Health Card
- PR Card
- Any document with your name and current address
At our office we will do the following:
- Fill out the entire application
- Make a full copy of your application
- Help you troubleshoot problems
- We will contact you to schedule your interview if you are pre-approved. The interview must be scheduled within 30 days of approval but your appointment date does not need to be within these 30 days.
- If you are not approved, we will advise you of what steps you can take to appeal within 30 days.
- After your interview, your amended Record of Landing (IMM 1000) will be mailed to the address you provided on your application.
- Proof of current residence
Mail-in Service - Worldwide
- Download our simplified instructions and application by clicking here
- Follow the instructions. Please complete one (1) pplication per person. Please ensure there are no gaps in your address history and employment timelines.
- Fax or email all forms and copies of documents to us for a quick review, or mail your application and copies of supporting documents to our office at: 2558 Danforth Avenue, Suite 202, Toronto, ON M4C 1L3
- Immigroup will notify you when your application has been pre-approved or rejected. If you have been approved we will schedule your interview.
- After your interview, you will receive your amended Record of Landing in the mail at the address you provided on your application.
Cost of Service
Including legal & government fees