Immigroup is a private company. We are not the government. All application forms can be found for free on the relevant government websites. Applying with a private company such as Immigroup entails service fees in addition to the fees charged by the relevant government agency. Immigroup will review, finalize, and submit all applications.
First Citizenship Certificate (Card)
Who needs a Citizenship Certificate?
The Citizenship Certificate (formerly Citizenship Card) is a document used by naturalized Canada citizens (or Canadians born overseas) to prove their Canadian Citizenship.
You need it to apply for a Canadian Passport and to obtain the benefits of being a Canadian Citizen
You need a citizenship card to
- Get a job
- Enroll in school or university
- Get a passport and travel as a Canadian Citizen
- Receive government benefits
Immigroup statistics for Citizenship Certificate service
- Average processing time for Citizenship Certificate regular filing: 6 Months
- Average processing time for Citizenship Certificate urgent filing: 20-30 business days
- Mistakes made by Immigroup per 100 applications: %
- Updated - monthly on the same date, by 3rd day of month
- More info
- We guarantee our work more info
- 6 month – card replacement guarantee more info
- Apply for Canadian citizenship and receive a 20% discount more info
- If you require a consultation, receive a credit for the entire consult fee more info
Immigroup is a private company. We are not the government. All application forms can be found for free on the relevant government websites. Applying with a private company such as Immigroup entails service fees in addition to the fees charged by the relevant government agency. Experts will review, finalize, and submit all applications.
Two ways to start your service with Immigroup
Mail-in Service (Worldwide)
Walk-in service (Toronto)
Please note: Cancellation fees apply once your order has been processed
Do it Yourself
File the application directly with the government without using a representative.
- NOTE: If you apply directly with the government, please rember that CIC does not offer walk-in service - all applications must be mailed or couriered to the processing centre.
- CIC will not pre-review your application to ensure the forms and documents are correct before filing – all applications must be completed in full before being sent to the government.
- Links to help you get started
- If I don’t have proof that I am a Canadian citizen, do I still have Canadian citizenship? More info
- Can I get my Canadian citizenship certificate urgently? More info
- You need to check the status of your certificate application More info
- Can I get my Canadian citizenship certificate urgently? More info
- You have received a letter from CIC requesting additional information for your application More info
- You are unable to provide all or part of the information CIC has requested More info
- You have already submitted your application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada but now you need to receive your citizenship certificate urgently More info
Filing an application FAQs
- What is a Canadian Citizenship Card / Certificate?
- How do I get a Citizenship Certificate?
- What documents do I need to submit with my application?
- Where do I mail my Citizenship Certificate Application to?
- When do new Canadian citizens receive their citizenship certificate?
- How long after receiving my Certificate do I have to wait before applying for my Canadian Passport?
- How do I pay the citizenship certificate application fee?
- How long does it take to get a first Canadian citizenship certificate?
- What are the citizenship certificate application photo requirements?
- Why do I need to submit photos if the new citizenship certificate does not display a photo?
- How do I get certified copies of my supporting documents?
- How do I check the status of my application once it has been sent to CIC?
- What’s the difference between a first certificate and a replacement certificate?
- How do I know if I’m a Canadian Citizen?
- What is a long form birth certificate?
- What if I don’t have enough IDs to apply for my first citizenship certificate?
- What if all my IDs are expired?
- I live overseas but I don’t want to apply through my local Embassy. Can I apply through CIC in Canada?
- How much longer does it take to process my application if I apply through an Embassy, High Commission or Consulate?
- Why does it take longer when I apply from overseas?
- How can I stop the processing of a Citizenship Certificate?
- Do I need to live in Canada to claim Canadian citizenship?
I am in big trouble - HELP! FAQs
- How do I get back to Canada if I have no passport and no proof of Canadian citizenship?
- My application was sent back to me. What should I do?
- I have not received my Citizenship Certificate and it has been over six months since I applied.
- I misrepresented myself when I immigrated / when I applied for citizenship. Can I lose my citizenship?
- I was adopted by a Canadian Citizen. Does this mean I am a Canadian citizen?
- I was born in Canada but I was adopted by parents who were not Canadian Citizens. / I was born to a Canadian parent but I was adopted by parents who were not Canadian Citizens. Am I a Canadian Citizen?
- I have a certificate of registration of birth abroad (RBA) showing I was born to a Canadian parent. Can I get a Citizenship Certificate?
- How do I know I was registered at the Embassy when I was born?
- I was born outside Canada to a Canadian parent before the law changed in 1947. Can I get a Citizenship Certificate?
- I am a British subject who lived in Canada for more than 20 years prior to 1947, but I never became a Canadian Citizen. Am I one?
- I am a British subject who lived in Canada as a permanent resident for less than 20 years before 1947. Am I a Canadian Citizen?
- I am a woman who married a Canadian before 1947, but I have always been a Permanent Resident and I never applied for Citizenship.
- I am a woman who lost my status as a Canadian Citizen / British Subject before 1947 because of marriage to a foreigner. Am I eligible for citizenship?
Using Immigroup FAQs
- Why should I use Immigroup?
- I am traveling and need my certificate fast. How quickly can you get it?
- Can you guarantee everything will work out if I use you?
- What if Immigroup makes a mistake on my application?
- Why should I hire Immigroup when I can do the application on my own?
- Can you give me free support or where can I get free support?
- I have one important question, but I don’t need the full service. What can I do?
- I called your office and did not get the answer I needed. What can I do?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- I used Immigroup but I lost my citizenship certificate. do I have to do the entire process again?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- I need your help, but I can’t afford the fees? Can you help?
- My case is complex, are you the right firm to use?
- Do you know something that the government does not?
- Can I pay you in instalments?
- Do I pay you when I get my card?
- Do you work weekends or evenings?
- How accurate is your website?
- I had something happen to me that is not posted on this webpage
- I can’t find an answer to my question
- Photo of Citizenship Certificate
- Photo of old Citizenship Card
- What is Canadian Citizenship?
- History of Canadian Citizenship
- History of the Citizenship Certificate
- What is naturalization?
- How do I become naturalized in Canada?
- How could I lose my citizenship?
- What does it mean if someone is stateless?
- What constitutes proof of Canadian citizenship?
- Who is eligible to apply for a Citizenship Certificate?
- What is the cost for a Citizenship Certificate?
- What is a Record of Landing (IMM 1000)?
- Can I laminate my certificate?
- Can I fold my certificate?
- Why is a photocopy of a citizenship certificate not acceptable proof of citizenship?
- If I am a naturalized Canadian Citizen but moved to my country of birth, are my children Canadian?
Could not find what you were looking for? No problem - Email us!