- An island located between the Caribbean and Atlantic Sea North of Trinidad & Tobago
- The weather is tropical climate and mild to strong Northeast trade winds
- The island lies on the edge of the hurricane belt in the Caribbean, the hurricane season starts from June to November
Marriage to a Grenadian Citizen
Every country has its own laws that apply to its citizens marrying a person from a different country. Getting married to a Grenadian citizen with the goal of eventually bringing them to Canada to live is a process with many steps.
To learn more, contact the Granadian Embassy.
If you want to bring your Grenadian spouse or partner to live in Canada, you must then file a sponsorship application for them to become a permanent resident. If they would like to visit you in Canada while their application is in process, they must also apply for a visitor visa. For more information, please see our family sponsorship page and our visitor visa page.
Grenadian Marriage Basic Requirements
Couples must have resided in the country for 3 working days before the wedding takes place. The marriage license application is done at the prime minister’s office after the necessary requirements have been met and license fees paid.
The process approximately 2 days unless there are complications like divorce procedures.
- Valid passports
- Birth certificate
- Divorce decree if applicable
- Proof of single status through affidavit or letter from clergyman
- Proof of deed poll in case of a name change
- Death certificate in case of one spouse being widowed through death
- Parental consent in the case of either part being below 21 years
- All documents must be in English, if in a different language translation is required
- Marriage license fee of EC$ 10
- License stamp EC$ 15
- Registration search EC$ 2
The registrar’s office should be contacted for any clarification or further information, the contacts are:
Prime Minister’s Office
St George's, Grenada
Tel: 473 443 4688
Registry General's Office
Ground Floor, Ministerial Complex,
St George's, Grenada
Tel: 473 330 2649
|Same location as above|
If your Grenadian spouse has dependent children, this does not affect the Grenadian Marriage document application.
If you have dependent children, they have no effect on the application to marry a Grenadian citizen.
List of Grenadian Consulates in Canada
Calling Grenada from Canada
- Within the NANP (North American Numbering Plan) area the code is 473 so to call you dial 1 – 473 – local number
Calling Canada from Grenada
Dial 1 - Canadian area code - local number
Emergency Information for Canadians in Grenada
The high commission in Barbados provides consular services to Grenada
High Commission of Canada
Bishop's Court Hill
P.O. Box 404