Please note that on January 1, 2015 the way that Canada accepts permanent residents has changed. The new system, called Express Entry, represents a change in method rather than in requirements. This page will be updated shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at 416-962-2623 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us by clicking on the box at the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
The Ontario Employer Direct provincial nominee immigration program started in 2007. This project allots 500 positions for provincial nominees. Ontario will only accept applications from foreign workers with qualifications and experience in the skill types O, A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC)
This page is currently being updated. If you are unsure whether you qualify for immigration to Canada under the Ontario Employer Direct provincial nominee program, book a consultation with one of our qualified immigration consultants.
Book a Consultation
|Employer Direct Application Priority|
|Ontario Employer Direct Program Fees|
|Foreign Worker Requirements|
This program of immigration involves a two-step process. First, the employer must apply for the approval to hire foreign workers into permanent, full-time positions in the company. Second, if the positions are approved, the employer can hire foreign workers to fill the approved positions. These persons must submit their application to the Employer Direct program.
We guarantee that your application will be accurate and complete, and in accordance with Canadian immigration law. The average time for Immigroup to complete an employer direct visa application is 2-4 weeks. If you are unsure as to whether you will qualify under this immigration program, you can book a consultation appointment to get started. At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN $150 + HST for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services.
|Immigroup representation||CDN $3000 + tax|
|The PNP application fee for Skilled Worker in Ontario||$2000|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490|
* Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. Applicants may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to the application.
Employers applying under this immigration category must meet the following criteria in order to be approved to nominate employees under this program:
- The company must have been in existence, and have active operations for at least three years
- Companies located in the GTA must have at least $1,000,000 in gross revenue for the previous fiscal year and a minimum of five permanent full-time employees
- Companies located outside the GTA must have at least $500,000 in gross revenue for the previous fiscal year and a minimum of three permanent full-time employees
- The company must be located in Ontario where the prospective nominee will work
Employers applying for approval for jobs must follow the listed criteria to determine if the job they are applying for qualifies for the program.
- The job must be directly related to, and necessary for, the company’s core operations;
- The job must be a permanent, full-time position
- The job must be listed in skill types O, A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC)
- The job must meet the current wage levels
- The job must only be offered to individuals who meet the criteria for the offered employment
Foreign workers applying under this category must also meet certain criteria in order to qualify for this program. They are listed as follows:
- Applicant must be working abroad and have received the PNP application package, including the employer’s original Pre-screen Position form, from the prospective employer
- Applicant must reside in Ontario temporarily (as a temporary worker, visitor or student) and have received the PNP application package, including the employer’s original Pre-screen Position form from the prospective employer
- Meet the requirements of the position
Persons who have a job offer from an approved employer must submit their application within 60 days of the date of issue of the Pre-screen Position form that will be provided by the employer.
The following are the application forms for the Ontario Employer Direct category of provincial nomination:
|Forms for the Employer||Time|
|Employer Category Pre-Screen Application form||Varies|
|Authorizing or Canceling a Representative form: use this form if using a representative to submit the application|
|Translator Affidavit: use this form if using the services of a translator|
|Application forms for applicants will be mailed to them once the employer is approved.|
In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements. Applicants considered inadmissible to Canada may be denied a visa. Requirements for residency applications may vary depending on the country of citizenship of the applicant. Applications from applicants who reside in Canada will be processed by the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, NY. Applicants may be required to attend an interview in the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo or Seattle, WA.