Immigroup is a private company. We are not the government. All application forms can be found for free on the relevant government websites. Applying with a private company such as Immigroup entails service fees in addition to the fees charged by the relevant government agency. Immigroup will review, finalize, and submit all applications.
Replacement Citizenship Certificate (Card)
Who needs a Citizenship Certificate?
The Citizenship Certificate (formerly Citizenship Card) is a document used by naturalized Canadian citizens (or Canadians born overseas) to prove their Canadian Citizenship. Canadian citizens born in Canada may also apply for a citizenship certificate.
The Citizenship Certificate is necessary for proving your status as a Canadian. You need it to apply for a Canadian Passport and to obtain the benefits of being a Canadian Citizen
You need a citizenship card to
- Get a Canadian passport
- Apply for Government benefits
- Get a driver’s license or provincial ID
- Enroll in school or university
- Get a job
Immigroup statistics for Citizenship Certificate service
- Average processing time for Citizenship Certificate regular filing: 6 months
- Average processing time for Citizenship Certificate urgent filing: 20-30 business days
- Average processing time for Citizenship Certificate top priority filing: 15 business days
- Mistakes made by Immigroup per 100 applications: 0%
- Updated - monthly on the same date, by 3rd day of month
- More info
- We guarantee our work More info
- 6 month – card replacement guarantee More info
- If you require a consultation, receive a credit for the entire consult fee More info
Immigroup is a private company. We are not the government. All application forms can be found for free on the relevant government websites. Applying with a private company such as Immigroup entails service fees in addition to the fees charged by the relevant government agency. Experts will review, finalize, and submit all applications.
Two ways to start your service with Immigroup
Mail-in Service (Worldwide)
Walk-in service (Toronto)
Cancellation fees apply once work has begun on a file
Do it Yourself
File the application directly with the government without using a representative.
- NOTE:If you apply directly with the government, please remember that CIC does not offer a walk-in service - all applications must be mailed or couriered to the processing centre.
- CIC will not pre-review your application to ensure the forms and documents are correct before filing – all applications must be completed in full before being sent to the government.
- Links to help you get started
- I am a naturalized Citizen of Canada. I have lost my Citizenship Card. Have I lost my status? More info
- Request for urgent processing of your Citizenship Certificate More info
- Name change More info
- Incorrect date of birth More info
- Your Embassy or Consulate will not provide your passport before you obtain / provide your Citizenship Card / Certificate first More info
- Your application has been returned to you by the processing centre More info
- You need to check the status of your certificate application More info
- You have received a letter from CIC requesting additional information for your application More info
- You are unable to provide all or part of the information CIC has requested More info
- You have already submitted your application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada but now you need to your new certificate faster More info
- You have never had a citizenship card or certificate More info
- You want to get a refund for fees paid to CIC More info
Filing an application FAQs
- What is a Citizenship Card / Certificate?
- How do I get a Citizenship Certificate?
- Where do I mail my Citizenship Certificate Application to?
- I am new Canadian Citizen, when will I get my Certificate?
- How do I pay the Certificate fee?
- How long does it take to get a Citizenship Certificate?
- Can I speed up the processing of my application?
- What are the Certificate photo requirements?
- How do I check the status of my application once it has been sent to CIC?
- Can I replace my Certificate from outside of Canada?
- What’s the difference between a first Certificate and a replacement?
- How do I know if I’m a Canadian Citizen?
- What if I don’t have enough IDs to apply to replace my card / certificate?
- What if all my IDs are expired?
- Why do I need to provide my old certificate to update it?
- I live overseas but I don’t want to apply through my local Embassy. Can I apply through CIC in Canada?
- Can I come to Canada on a different passport in order to replace my card / certificate?
- How much longer does it take to process my application if I apply from an Embassy, High Commission or Consulate?
- Why does it take longer when I apply from overseas?
- How can I stop the processing of a replacement Citizenship Certificate?
I am in big trouble - HELP! FAQs
- How do I get back to Canada if I have no passport and no proof of citizenship?
- What if my Citizenship Card / Certificate is lost, destroyed, or stolen?
My application was sent back to me. What do I do?
- If you understand why your application was sent back to you, do the following:
- I need to change my birth date as listed on my Canadian citizenship certificate.
- I have not received my new Citizenship Certificate and it has been over six months since I applied.
- I have a criminal record. Will I lose my citizenship if I apply to replace my card?
- I misrepresented myself (lied on my application) when I immigrated / when I applied for citizenship. Can I lose my citizenship?
- I am overseas. My passport expired and I don’t have any proof of citizenship with me.
- My certificate is extremely old. Do I have to replace it?
- Why can’t I use my commemoration to prove my citizenship?
- I found my lost Citizenship Card. Is my replacement Certificate still valid?