Immigroup is a private company. We are not the government. All application forms can be found for free on the relevant government websites. Applying with a private company such as Immigroup entails service fees in addition to the fees charged by the relevant government agency. Immigroup will review, finalize, and submit all applications.
Right of Canadian Citizenship
What is the Right of Canadian Citizenship Application?
The Right of Citizenship refers to the process of becoming a Canadian citizen through naturalization.
Canadian citizens are
Using the Government Directly
- Able to vote in Canadian elections
- Able to run for political office in Canada
- Able to travel on a Canadian passport
- Free from the threat of deportation
- Able to work for the federal government
- Able to live outside of Canada, with the permanent right to return
- Able to pass on Canadian citizenship by descent
What we do for you if you purchase our service:
- The government fee for applying for Canadian citizenship is $200.
- Please click here to apply with Citizenship and Immigration Canada..
- NOTE: If you apply directly with the government, please remember that CIC does not offer a walk-in service - all applications must be mailed or couriered to the processing centre.
- CIC will not pre-review your application to ensure the forms and documents are correct before filing – all applications must be completed in full before being sent to the government.
- Immigroup service fee charges are $399 pus taxes and a $200 government fee.
- We review every part of your application to ensure it is complete, accurate and mistake-free; not offered by the government
- We complete the application for you if you require it; not offered by the government
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take and of any additional documentation you must provide; the government only offers general guidelines, but not specific advice.
- We advise you of any problems you may encounter from filing the application; not offered by the government.
- We verify all supporting documentation prior to submission; not offered by the government.
- We give you unlimited business-hours phone support from 8am-6pm EST.
- We respond to most questions within 1 business day.
- We submit your application to the government for you.
- We help prepare you for the test.
- We track the status of your application for you.
- We notify you when it is time to take the oath.
Immigroup statistics for obtaining the Right of Citizenship
- Average Processing time: 21 months (There is currently no way to expedite this process)
- Typical processing time does not include delays caused by Citizenship and
Immigration Canada requesting additional steps or documentation.
- See our Residence Questionnaire page as an example of additional steps.
- Mistakes made by Immigroup per 100 applications: 0%
Updated - monthly on the same date, by 3rd day of month More info
- We guarantee our work More info
- Purchase An additional service and receive a 20% discount More info
- We will waive the fee for a 20 minute in-depth consultation on any other complex immigration matter More info
Two ways to start your service with Immigroup
Mail-in Service (Worldwide)
Walk-in service (Toronto)
Cost of Service
Adult Right of Citizenship
Minor Right of Citizenship
Cancellation fees apply once work has begun on a file
- I received the Residence QuestionnaireMore info
- Request for urgent processing of your Right of CitizenshipMore info
- I sent my application before I knew about the language requirementMore info
- I missed my test dateMore info
- My application has been returned by the processing centreMore info
- I need to check the status of your applicationMore info
- I am unable to provide all or part of the information CIC has requestedMore info
Filing an application FAQs
- What is the Right of Canadian Citizenship?
- How do I become a Canadian citizen?
- What do I need to submit with my application?
- Where do I mail my Citizenship Application to?
- What is the language requirement?
- How much does the language test cost?
- What is the residence questionnaire?
- Do I have to take the Citizenship test?
- When and where do I have to take my test?
- What happens if I fail the test?
- Do I need to appear at an interview?
- What happens if I fail the test and the interview?
- How do I pay the fee?
- How long does it take to get Citizenship?
- Can I speed up the processing of my application?
- What are the photo requirements?
- How do I check the status of my application once it has been sent to CIC?
- How do I know if I’m a Canadian Citizen?
- How do I know if I’ve met the residence requirement?
- What if I don’t have enough IDs to apply for citizenship?
- What if all my IDs are expired?
- How do I apply for Canadian citizenship for my child?
- I live overseas. Can I apply?
- How do I check the status of my Canadian citizenship application?
- I checked CIC’s website, but there is not update on my status. What do I do?
- I tried to call CIC and I can’t get through.
- How can I stop the processing of a Grant of Canadian citizenship application?
I am in big trouble - HELP! FAQs
- I have a criminal record. Can I still become a citizen?
- I do not meet the residence requirement. Can I still become a citizen?
- My application was sent back to me. What do I do?
- I received a residence questionnaire. What do I do?
- I applied for Canadian citizenship and now CIC wants my fingerprints. Is this normal?
- I missed my citizenship test! What do I do?
- I misrepresented myself when I applied for citizenship. What can I do?
- Can I lose my PR Status if I apply for Citizenship?
- My application was rejected. How soon can I reapply?
Using Immigroup FAQs
- Why should I use Immigroup?
- I need my Citizenship fast. How quickly can you get it?
- Can you guarantee everything will work out if I use you?
- What if Immigroup makes a mistake on my application?
- Why should I hire Immigroup when I can do the application on my own?
- Can you give me free support or where can I get free support?
- I have one important question, but I don’t need the full service. What can I do?
- I called your office and did not get the answer I needed. What can I do?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- I used Immigroup but I lost my Citizenship Certificate. Do I have to do the entire process again?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- I need your help, but I can’t afford the fees? Can you help?
- My case is complex, are you the right firm to use?
- Do you know something that the government does not?
- Can I pay you in instalments?
- Do I pay you when I get my certificate?
- Do you work weekends or evenings?
- How accurate is your website?
- I had something happen to me that is not posted on this webpage
- I can’t find an answer to my question
Basic info FAQ’s See all Questions
- Photo of Citizenship Ceremony
- What is Canadian Citizenship?
- History of Canadian Citizenship
- What is naturalization?
- How do I become naturalized?
- Why am I not naturalized automatically?
- How do I lose my citizenship?
- What constitutes proof of Citizenship?
- Who is eligible for a Citizenship Certificate?
- What is the cost for a Citizenship Certificate?
- What is a Record of Landing (IMM 1000)?
- Can I laminate my certificate?
- Can I fold my certificate?
- I am a temporary resident, when can I apply?
- Do the days I accumulated in Canada as a temporary resident prior to my becoming permanent count towards my residence requirement?
- Why do I need photos if I am not getting a Citizenship Card?
- What if the information on my immigration document is incorrect?
- How long does an application for citizenship take?
- What additional information might CIC require during the process?
- What could cause delays with my application?
- I took the test / applied online. Why am I not a Citizen?
- Can I apply, go home, and come back for the test?
- If I failed the test, can I get my application fee back?
- Can I move during the process?
- Do I have to swear the Oath of Citizenship? What happens if I don’t want to?
- Can I keep my PR Card?
- Do I get a passport automatically when I become a Citizen?
- Are my kids Canadian if they were born here, even if I never became a Canadian citizen?
- I received my notice to take my citizenship test. Will I still be allowed to take the test if I don't have my Record of Landing / IMM 1000?