Immigroup is a private company. We are not the government. All application forms can be found for free on the relevant government websites. Applying with a private company such as Immigroup entails service fees in addition to the fees charged by the relevant government agency. Immigroup will review, finalize, and submit all applications.
Canadian Citizenship Application Residence Questionnaire
Why did I receive the residence questionnaire?
If you received a residence questionnaire, it is part of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada may require you to complete the questionnaire in order to verify details about your ties to Canada over the last 4 years. You need to complete it in order for your application for Canadian citizenship to continue processing.
Using the Government Directly
To submit the the questionnaire without using a representative, merely complete the instructions in the package you received from CIC
What we do for you if you purchase our service:
- Immigroup service fee charges are $399 pus taxes.
- We review every part of your questionnaire to ensure it is complete, accurate and mistake-free; not offered by the government.
- We complete the questionnaire for you if you require it; not offered by the government.
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take and of any additional documentation you must provide; the government only gives general guidelines, not specific advice.
- We advise you of any problems you may encounter from completing the questionnaire; the government offers only guidelines, not specific advice.
- We verify all supporting documentation prior to submission; not offered by the government.
- We give you unlimited business-hours phone support from 8am-6pm EST.
- We respond to most questions within 1 business day.
- Mistakes made by Immigroup per 100 questionnaires: %
- Updated - monthly on the same date, by 3rd day of month More info
- We guarantee our work More info
- Purchase An additional service and receive a 20% discount* More info
- We will waive the fee for a 20 minute in-depth consultation on any other complex immigration matter More info
Start your service with Immigroup
Mail-in Service (Worldwide)
Walk-in service (Toronto)
Cancellation fees apply once work has begun on a file
- Will I lose my status if I complete the questionnaire? More info
- Our family applied for Canadian citizenship together but only one person received the questionnaire. Is that normal?
Who has to complete it?
- Only one of my family members received the questionnaire. Does this mean that only their application will be delayed? More info
- How can I fix what I left off my original application? More info
- What happens if I don’t have my passport? More info
- What if I don’t have the necessary proof of residence / education / employment / health services received? More info
- I am subletting my apartment. How do I prove residence? More info
- I am not a student or employee. What do I do? More info
- Can you tell me will if my residence questionnaire and evidence will be accepted by CIC? More info
- What if I misrepresented myself on my application? More info
- What is misrepresentation? More info
- What is the worst that can happen if I misrepresented myself? More info
- I never responded to the questionnaire. What will happen? More info
- If my application is abandoned, can I get a refund? More info
Filing an application FAQs
- What is a residence questionnaire?
- How do I complete the questionnaire?
- Do I provide information for the last 4 years or since I landed? Which is it?
- Where do I submit the questionnaire?
Can I get representation (an immigration consultant or lawyer) before sending in my questionnaire if I didn’t have representation when I applied for Canadian citizenship?
- Do I have to pay more money because I have to fill out the questionnaire?
- Can I withdraw my Grant of Canadian Citizenship Application?
- When during the Right of Canadian Citizenship application process can I receive the residence questionnaire?
- Can I renew my PR Card while this is going on?
- Will the questionnaire delay my application? How long?
- When do passport stamps need to be translated?
- How do I get my stamps translated?
- How do I know which questionnaire I have received?
- Can CIC ask me for more information after I submit the questionnaire?
- Can Immigroup help me after I have submitted my questionnaire?
- Can I get confirmation that CIC received the questionnaire after I submitted it?
- Does CIC profile applicants based on ethnicity?
- Can I speed up the processing of my application now that I have the questionnaire?
- Will I be fingerprinted now that I have submitted the questionnaire?
- Will I have to submit my IDs in person now that I have submitted the questionnaire?
- What is a Record of Movement?
- How do I check the status of my questionnaire once it has been sent to CIC?
I am in big trouble - HELP! FAQs
- I don’t know how to complete the questionnaire. What do I do?
- I did not include all of the days I spent outside Canada on my original Grant of Canadian Citizenship application, and I was actually outside of Canada more than 365 days. Should I be honest on the residence questionnaire?
- I misrepresented myself when I immigrated / when I applied for citizenship.
- I no longer have my passport.
- Why do they need to know about my absences from Canada?
- Why do I need to provide colour copies of my passport?
- What is “proof of residence”?
- What is “proof of family presence”?
- What are “education ties”?
- What are “employment ties”?
- What is a notice of assessment?
- What if I don’t own a business or property in Canada?
- Why does CIC want to see my medical records?
- I have none of the above proof, what can I do?
- What is the Consent Declaration and why do I have to sign it?
- How do I know I received a “Final Notice”?
Using Immigroup FAQs
- Why should I use Immigroup?
- Can you guarantee everything will work out if I use you?
- What if Immigroup makes a mistake on my questionnaire?
- Why should I hire Immigroup when I can do the application on my own?
- Can you give me free support or where can I get free support?
- I have one important question, but I don’t need the full service. What can I do?
- I called your office and did not get the answer I needed. What can I do?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- I need your help, but I can’t afford the fees. Can you help?
- My case is complex, are you the right firm to use?
- Do you know something that the government does not?
- Can I pay you in instalments?
- Do I pay you when I get my certificate?
- Do you work weekends or evenings?
- How accurate is your website?
- I had something happen to me that is not posted on this webpage
- I can’t find an answer to my question
Basic info FAQ’s
- What is Canadian Citizenship?
- History of Canadian Citizenship
- What is naturalization?
- How do I become naturalized?
- How do I lose my citizenship?
- What does it mean if someone is stateless?
- What constitutes proof of Canadian citizenship?
- What is a Record of Landing (IMM 1000)?
- What types of documents are normally required for the residence questionnaire?