CALL CENTER • Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 6:00PM EST
HEAD OFFICE • Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST

Founded 2004
Call us: 1•866•760•2623 Email Us:

Toll free: 1•866•760•2623
Call Us: (416) 962-2623
Email Us:
Call center: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 6:00PM EST
Office: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST


Do you need to prove when you or your parent became a Canadian citizenship?

Are you looking for someone to help you establish when you or your parent

Get the Process Started

Search of Citizenship Records

Search of Citizenship Records Application

Using a Cell Phone? Have the PDF sent to you

You may need to file a search of citizenship records request if:

  • You need to prove your Canadian citizenship but do not have the necessary documents to get (or replace) a Canadian citizenship certificate. (You need proof of citizenship to apply for a Canadian passport, among other privileges.)
  • You need to prove your parent or grandparent was a Canadian citizen.
  • You are a permanent resident and you need to demonstrate to your home country that you haven't been naturalized in Canada, but you cannot apply for a PR Card (or your home country will not accept a PR Card as proof of status).
  • You are attempting to get a passport from another country and you need to prove that you, your parent or your grandparent was not naturalized in Canada at a given point in time.

You can find the application here.

If you are not a citizen, and would like to be, you can use our handy residence calculator to see if you qualify: