CALL CENTER • Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST
HEAD OFFICE • Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST

Founded 2004
Call us: 18667602623 Email Us: [email protected]

Toll free: 18667602623
Call Us: 416-962-2623
Email Us: [email protected]
Call center: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST
Office: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST

Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056)

This form is for people who have willingly left Canada of who wish to obtain a replacement of their lost, stolen, or damaged Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056).

Download Certificate of Departure Application
For more information read below or visit 'See Also' links on the right hand side.

Download Application

  What is a Certificate of Departure?
  What can we help you with?
  What is an IMM 0056?
  What Documents Do I Need to Include in My Application?
  What if my documents are not in English?
  What Is a Certified Photocopy?
  What Types of Documents Can I Request to Obtain?
  What if I am Applying for More than One Person?
  Who Do I Contact About My Application?

What is a Certificate of Departure?
 A Certificate of Departure is a historical document that certifies your willing departure from Canada before a deportation. It contains your personal information and this information cannot ammended.

To be eligible for a certified copy of your Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056), you must have received and complied with a Departure Order (IMM 5238).

What kind of matters can we help you with?

  • Your Certificate of Departure was lost or stolen and you need to replace it
  • Your have filed an application for a copy of a Certificate of Departure and it was sent back to you with a request for more documents.
  • You have already submitted an application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada but your situation has changed to urgent and you need to get your Certificate of Departure quickly.

Regular Service
Certified Copy of a Certificate Departure (IMM 0056)

Step 1
Download the Verification of Entry and Supplementary forms. 
Step 2
Complete the forms. All instructions are available in the application package.
Step 3
Fax us the forms. Our fax number is 416-640-2650. We will contact you to confirm everything is in order.
Step 4
Courier your package to Immigroup. We will contact you when we receive your package.
Step 5
We will call you when the certified copy of your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence is ready..

Download Application


What is an IMM 0056?
A Certificate of Departure is a document issued by the Government of Canada that contains historical documentation of you at the time you willing left Canada.

What Documents Do I Need to Include in My Application?
The following documents are required to complete your application to get a Certified True Copy of your Certificate of Departure. If any of these documents are not included, your application will not be processed, and will be returned to you.

  • A completed application form entitled, “Verification of Entry” (Form IMM 5009).
  • A completed application form entitled "Supplementary Form" (Form IMM 5541E).
  • A photocopy of your valid passport (or, if you cannot provide that, a copy of any other government issued ID, such as a Driver's License, Health Card, Citizenship Card / Certificate or Provincial ID Card).
  • A photocopy of your passport at the time of landing's identity page and visa stamp page with the landing stamp. If you cannot provide this you must provide as many of the following as possible
    • Copy of your birth certficate
    • Copy of your baptismal certificate
    • Copy of a marriage certificate
    • Translations of each if they are not in English or French
  • If your name has changed since you left Canada, you need to provide a marriage certificate or a legal name change document

A fee must also be paid before an application can be submitted. This fee can be paid either on-line, or at a financial institution. Please be sure to obtain a receipt of the payment, and include it in your application package.

What if my documents are not in English?
If the documents you are sending with your application are not in English or French, you must provide a translation and an official declaration from the person who translated the document. Translations provided by family members are not sufficient.

What Is a Certified Photocopy?
Since the documents may not be returned to you, it is easier for you to send a photocopy of the original document. However, this photocopy must be clear, legible, and certified by a valid person. This can include :

  • Professional Accountant
  • Chiropractor
  • Commissioner of Oaths
  • Dentist
  • Professional Engineer
  • Funeral Director
  • Justice of the Peace or Judge
  • Lawyer
  • Manager of a Financial Institution
  • Medical Doctor
  • Member of Parliament
  • Member of a Provincial Legislature
  • Minister of Religion
  • Municipal Clerk
  • Notary
  • Designated Official of a federal/provincial government department
  • Official of a foreign embassy, consulate or high commission officially accredited to Canada and authorized to certify documents issued by the official’s government
  • Pharmacist
  • Police Officer
  • Postmaster Primary, secondary or university professor
  • Social Worker
  • Veterinarian

However, a family member, who holds one of these positions, cannot certify your photocopy. The certified person must include the following information on the photocopy:

  • Printed name
  • Signature
  • Position or title
  • Name of the Original Document
  • The date they certified the document
  • They must write, “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.”

What Types of Documents Can I Request to Obtain with This Form?
Certified true copies or replacement copies of the following documents may be requested by you, through the Verification of Entry Form (IMM 5009) and Supplementary (Application for a Certified True Copy, Correction or Replacement of an Immigration Document) Form ( IMM 5541):

What if I am Applying for More than One Person?
If you are applying for multiple people, such as family members, please use and mail separate applications for each person.

Who Do I Contact About My Application?
Depending on your location, the office you submit your application will vary. Usually it is your closest Canadian Visa office. Please see this list.

Ask Questions

Do you have questions? Please fill in the form.

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.