how accurate travel document processing time is ?

Naton35

Hello all,
I am a PR as a protected person , I applied for a renew of my travel document on 11th Sept.
on 7th Oct I was asked by passport office in Gatineaux to find a new guarantor, the one I used was not admissible even if I used the same one that I used on my first request. I sent all the papers they asked me to, and they were received on Oct 10. I know that the processing time is 20 working days.
I would like to know how luckily they deliver the travel document on time assuming they have all needed papers ? if someone had the same issues that I have , can you share your experience please?

Thank you !

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
"The Passport Program" (as Passport Canada is now known) is one of the most efficient parts of the Canadian government so if they say 20 working days, I would believe them. (It would be 20 working days from the date they have the correct application, though.)

In my experience, they regularly exceed their processing standards, but I deal with the passport section, not the travel document section.

Naton35

"The Passport Program" (as Passport Canada is now known) is one of the most efficient parts of the Canadian government so if they say 20 working days, I would believe them. (It would be 20 working days from the date they have the correct application, though.)

In my experience, they regularly exceed their processing standards, but I deal with the passport section, not the travel document section.
Thanks for answering ,
Last time I checked ( last Thursday ) it's was 15th working day after my application has been received , they did not update my file yet.
normally this Thursday 7th Nov will be the 20th working day. I already spent almost two months now trying to get a new travel document and my employer is loosing his patience and just hoping they will issue one by Friday.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If it's not here by then, contact them:

"
  • IRCC Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
  • If you are hearing impaired, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576-8502.
"

Naton35

I called CIC , they said the travel document was approved today and will be mailed to me and if in two weeks I do not receive it I have to call them.
I am still confused as the lady on the phone was not able to tell me if by approved they mean the document is ready and will be mailed soon or approved to be made and I need to wait for two more weeks again ?

thanks for your support!

I called CIC , they said the travel document was approved today and will be mailed to me and if in two weeks I do not receive it I have to call them.
I am still confused as the lady on the phone was not able to tell me if by approved they mean the document is ready and will be mailed soon or approved to be made and I need to wait for two more weeks again ?

thanks for your support!
Did you hear back from CIC?
Kindly share your experience here it will be useful for other in future.

Naton35

Not yet since I called them on Friday, I am still waiting for the document to be delivered by mail. I think it was shipped on Friday and yesterday was public holiday so I am expected it to be delivered tomorrow. I will post here once I have it.

Naton35

I receive my travel document today , 20 working days of processing time was accurate as they started the process on October 10 and the document has been approved on November 8.