Recent content by ALew

1. A

Sponsoring my child...

The issue is that if I apply with both of us now then I believe that they will deny me or make us wait until after she is 18 to cross, which I don't necessarily mind because I already know we will be waiting until at least that summer. The problem is that if we wait to do both of us, then I...
  2. A

Sponsoring my child...

No, I was not going to come as a visitor and then apply as inland. I was hoping to get approval before summer of 2021 and then have her come on her birthday or right before hand. However, the suggestions on the other board were that I get my approval now and then do a soft landing only to come...
  3. A

Sponsoring my child...

Here is the link to my previous conversation. I wanted to see what others had to say. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/need-a-little-guidance-spousal-sponsorship-with-children-involved.680617/ Here is my thought process: I am a teacher, so my contract ends...
  4. A

Sponsoring my child...

Yes, I am the primary applicant. Someone told me it was better to apply separately, but that seems more complicated. Will we be able to sponsor her right away if we do the applications separately? I just wanted to know what my chances were of them allowing her to go with the letter given the...
  5. A

Sponsoring my child...

Hi, we are planning to do the family/spousal sponsorship in a few months or so. My youngest daughter will be 17 in August. The problem is that we do not have contact with my ex. He was abusive and had supervised visits prior to the last two years of no contact. Even if we could get a hold of...