Recent content by eleanorj

1. E

Canadian Citizenship of an Adopted Child

One more thing on the certified copies... CIC states: "Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents." Does it mean the translator also needs to be the...
  2. E

Well there. As many times as I've looked through that application, I had yet to see the checklist from PART 1! It all makes a lot more sense now and seems that I have almost everything ready. Certified copies? Does the certification need to be written on the actual copy or can it be stapled...
  3. E

Thanks. Read both guides already and still confused. So, if I don't send all they want, they will just return the application and request the additional documents?
  4. E

We adopted our children from Russia in 2004. Time is running out for me (Canadian mom living in US) to be able to apply for their Canadian Citizenship. I'm starting the process but the forms are quite confusing as to what needs to be mailed when with PART 1 or PART 2 of application and of...