Recent content by jsmith

1. J

Open work permit without job offer to PR?

Hes having trouble fitting in to any category. Looking for a way to eventually obtain PR but his experience as a soldier doesn't seem to fit anywhere. He would be contributing to the economy with his income but has no real need to work.
  2. J

Open work permit without job offer to PR?

I have a question for a unique situation. Can anyone tell me if its possible to get an open work permit (no job offer etc) and then apply for PR status even if a job was not attained? The applicant is retired U.S military therefore lives off pension and doesn't actually require a job (though may...
  3. J

common law

Thank you for taking the time to respond. This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I was unsure of what we could use to prove he was living here.. usually they like to see an address change on things.. But maybe putting him on the place would be enough?
  4. J

common law

I have a similar question (in case you find any info). My boyfriend has been in Canada on visitor visa 6 months at a time and we are planning to move in together and begin the common law procedure after a year. But how could we have proof of him living with me if he cannot change addresses for...