Recent content by Shan1991

1. S

Passport expires BEFORE work permit

Hi there, We are in a weird situation where my partner was given a work permit which was longer than his passport (lucky mistake by the officer). His passport expires in May, and I have read that in order to keep a valid work permit (which won't expire until July 2021) he needs to report his...
  2. S

Flag polling for open work permit

Hey! Sorry for late reply to this. I'll keep you updated on my progress as I will be flagpolling on the 1st weekend of November. One question, do we need to get a police certificate for me? Thanks for info on the Biometrics, I'm stressed about that but it sounds as if some borders will have the...
  3. S

No problem, thanks
  4. S

Thanks. Any idea on the biometrics?
  5. S

This was somewhere I was reading about it, https://pvtistes.net/en/canada-spouse-common-law-partner-open-work-permit/ it also says it on the Canadian gov website but in a really confusing way. I had one but it expired before I activated it as I had some family issues so had to post-pone my trip.
  6. S

I also wanted to know, how many months of payslips does my boyfriend need, I.e how many months does he need to have worked before we can apply? Some places I have read three and others I have read 1...
  7. S

Correct, I’ve seen other people on IEC open work permit who have managed to get their common-in-law partner a visa via this route.
  8. S

Hi there. My boyfriend has an open work permit for 2 years but I am here on a tourist visa. We are both from the UK. Once he has a skilled category job here we are planning to flag pole for my application for a common-in-law open work permit that is linked to his. We have proof that we have...