Sponsor a partner with dependent children

OGR

My husband has 3 dependent children from his old marriage, and we are planning to immigrate to canada with our dependent child. If I immigrat first to canada and then to sponsor my husband and our one dependent child how much money do i need to be able to sponsor them? (The 3 children from the old marriage are not coming)
Thanks in advance

OGR

In this link is not mentioning any thing about the dependent children of my husband

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, exactly. It's not about sponsoring children, it's about sponsoring parents. I shared it with you because the sponsorship process for spouses and children has no official low-income cut-off. So we have to use the official one for parental sponsorship as a guide. Make sense?

OGR

In this way yes, it is just confusing me that in PR application as a family of 3 members, the among of money is needed is including the dependent children of my husband (3 children) even if they r not coming, so in sponsorship of the husband i could not find a clue about this.
Thank u in advance about ur appreciated help

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't quite understand, sorry. Are you saying you think you have to prove you can afford all four children?