Search results

1. K

Flag polling for open work permit

Ok thank you, nothing recorded in passport as the most recent entry was via cruise ship. Let's see how Shan gets on!
  2. K

Regarding online application from within Canada, it says current turnaround is 8 weeks... would I be entitled to implied status if the decision is not made before my tourist visa expires? Also, I'm not sure when my tourist visa expires exactly since I arrived in Canada and stayed for a couple...
  3. K

Yes it does. Are we any clearer on in-Canada biometrics yet? We could apply online otherwise!
  4. K

This seems to be the exception code that we need... https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/experience-eligibility.html
  5. K

Hi Shan, thank you so much for the reply. I am looking at mid-end of November so would love to know how you get on. Out of interest, where do you plan to go? I requested my own police cert to be on the safe side. A bit concerned as I contacted the VAC in New York to query whether I could...
  6. K

These are the eligibility requirements if you apply for a work permit at a port of entry, click on POE locations for a pop up list https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html#port_entry This gives POE locations worldwide...
  7. K

p.s. in terms of documents list I plan to have with me: Statutory Declaration as above, partners payslips, contract of employment and open work permit, proof of funds, family history and insurance to cover the full visa. I don't believe I need a medical but I am not sure whether I should get a...
  8. K

Hi Shan1991, I am in a very similar situation to you so would love to know if you manage to find a solution. We are UK/AU couple with my partner on an IEC visa in skilled employment, I am no longer eligible for IEC but intend to apply as a Common-Law partner and am currently in Canada as a...