1st Time Passport

Andre VS

Hi there,
We will be applying for our 28 year old twins(Born 1990 in South Africa) 1st uk passports shortly
We have Biological mother(Born Scotland 1967) and biological Father(Born Liverpool 1964) Full Birth Certificates

They were married in South Africa in early 1990, twins were born later that year and the marriage was annulled in 1993.
I married the mother in 1996 and have raised the kids as my own ever since.
I have a copy of their divorce decree.
We cannot however, get a copy of their marriage certificate as South African Home Affairs claim they cannot find it.
Will the marriage certificate be a problem with regards to claiming citizenship through their Scottish born mother?
Thanks
Andre

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Given that both parents are British, it is possible the marriage certificate will not be an issue. They should go ahead and apply without the marriage certificate - perhaps including a letter explaining they cannot get it - and see what happens. They'll need their birth certificates listing both biological parents and the birth certificates of the parents.

Andre VS

Given that both parents are British, it is possible the marriage certificate will not be an issue. They should go ahead and apply without the marriage certificate - perhaps including a letter explaining they cannot get it - and see what happens. They'll need their birth certificates listing both biological parents and the birth certificates of the parents.
Hi Riley,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
We will apply tomorrow and see what happens.
Will keep you updated
Andre

Andre VS

Hi there,
My wife wrote a nice letter explaining everything, HMPO came back and asked for our marriage certificate as the kids surnames had changed.
Sent it off last week, both passports approved and printed, on their way to us.
Thanks so much for your advice Riley, you're a star.
Hope my Spousal visa application goes as smoothly,
Regards
Andre