AIPP Question

cvergz828

I have a friend who is currently in Halifax since May 2019, and he wanted to become a Permanent Resident. He worked as a Dietary Aide in May 2019, however, this past January, his employer told him that they are unable to sponsor him because the Dietary Aide position falls under the NOC D job classification under AIPP, which makes him ineligible.

What he was advised is to apply for a cook, which is classified as NOC B in AIPP. Now he worked as a Dietary Aide from May 2019 to now, switching to a Cook position, can he use the hours he worked as Dietary Aide towards his Cook position to apply for AIPP? Please note that he has an open work permit that expires in August 2020.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
My understanding is that he can't but we're a Toronto-based company and so I don't know a lot about the AIPP.

Jot

I have a friend who is currently in Halifax since May 2019, and he wanted to become a Permanent Resident. He worked as a Dietary Aide in May 2019, however, this past January, his employer told him that they are unable to sponsor him because the Dietary Aide position falls under the NOC D job classification under AIPP, which makes him ineligible.

What he was advised is to apply for a cook, which is classified as NOC B in AIPP. Now he worked as a Dietary Aide from May 2019 to now, switching to a Cook position, can he use the hours he worked as Dietary Aide towards his Cook position to apply for AIPP? Please note that he has an open work permit that expires in August 2020.
No , in AIPP , same noc level counts , he should either hv 1560 in cook under aipp firm , or under dietry one 1560 , not combinable