american man canadian woman

dillon n

okay so my canadian fiancee and i plan to marry as soon as the resized rings arrive. now my concern is she doesnt want to come here where i own a house and have a job. but her father can guarantee me a job there so im willing to move. downside being. she doesnt have any income what so ever as she lives with her father. when i come up for the sponsorship i would arrive with 20k plus USD to get us by until i got my perm residency/work visa (whichever would be faster). could we use that money to prove she could support me or whatever? her father would gladly cosign but for some reason they dont allow that on spousal sponserships. now i will be the worker in our family and she will stay at home so that is why this situation is kind of weird. like she has to prove she will support me but i will be the financial support. im very confused on all of this

dillon n

i should say im 25 and she is 21. but i will start work as soon as they would possibly let me. our concern is purely from the fact that she lives with her father and makes zero income even though i would have the money to get us by until i could work

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
You can definitely submit your proof of funds to show you can support yourself but it's still an uphill battle if she doesn't work.

her father would gladly cosign but for some reason they dont allow that on spousal sponserships.
That's news to me. Can you tell me where you read that? (Keep in mind I'm only the webmaster and not always up to date on this stuff.)

As to the work permit, the father would have to prove he has to hire you, not a Canadian, which is tough. You're probably better off with the sponsorship route.