Another sponsorship question, very similar to someone elses on this forum

Eric

Hi,

I am a 26 year old Canadian man. I want to marry my Colombian girlfriend. She is 25, lives in Colombia, and we have been in a serious long distance relationship for about 1.5 years. We are both single, no children, have never been married.

Can she come to Canada as a visiter, marry me, and then not have to leave back to Colombia? What are our options, other than the study permit route, which we are currently trying? She also does not fit into the matrix of skilled work, as an FYI.

We definitely have enough information to prove we are legitimate. I even lived in Colombia for 6 months already. She already has her 6 month, 10 year TRV in USA and Canada. The problem here is money. When she comes here, we want her to get some part time job so she can contribute to our living expenses...

Appreciate the help very much,
Eric

P.S. I put another post on the inland sponsorship forum

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eric,
I answered your question on the other post. Please note that marrying her in Canada will allow her to work fairly quickly (two months, provided you are approved) but the process takes much longer (22 months total for the sponsorship application).

Hope this helps.

Riley