Applied for TRV since June 2020 with no response

Mo Allam

Hello guys.
I applied for TRV online from Dubai on June 2020 with no response up till now.
Processing time shown different values (it was 200 days when I applied and it's 471 days now).

My questions

1) I know canada will not reopen their boarders before next month but are they (Processing) visas for non essential travelers now?

2) is my situation is normal and to whom I should send my inquiries (I tried to email them but couldn't reach the proper contact email address).

Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
  1. To the best of my knowledge they are not going to start processing non-essential travel visas until the border re-opens in early September (provided it actually does) but that is just my best guess
  2. Yes your situation is pretty typical for right now, as far as I know. You can submit inquiries here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx Alternatively you can file a GCMS notes request: https://www.immigroup.com/global-case-management-system-gcms-notes-requests / https://www.immigroup.com/freedom-information-act-foia-requests-access-information
Hope this helps.

Riley

Kuldip55

Hello guys.
Processing time shown different values (it was 200 days when I applied and it's 471 days now).

My questions

1) I know canada will not reopen their boarders before next month but are they (Processing) visas for non essential travelers now?

2) is my situation is normal and to whom I should send my inquiries (I tried to email them but couldn't reach the proper contact email address).

Thanks
VV applied in March,21, waiting for response

baby-boysenberry

I am a Canadian and my Belizean husband applied for a visitor visa back in October 2020. I was able to reach someone at the IRCC and they told me that they are no longer looking at applications that were sent in prior to Septemer 2020. They said that it was best to re-apply so that it would have a better chance at being looked at. They gave NO REASON for why they would do this, and it's so frustrating at how hard they are to contact, etc.
I would recommend, if you have the finances and time, to re-apply for the TRV. I know the system is so horrible, but apparently that's a better option than waiting.
Hope this helps!

Hi All,

I reside in Canada (PR holder) and my elder brother in USA. My mother has USA visa and she keeps travelling there once a year. My long term plan is to get my mother PR or super visa, but for new we are planning for visitor visa for her to be 6 months in USA and 6 months in Canada.

I have applied for her visitor visa on June 15 (July 23rd Biometric done), 2021 and since then there has been no movement in her visa status. During the submission of document, we have already provided her both dose of vaccination details as part of Letter of Explanation. Still I dont see any movement

I need a suggestion, regarding the best scenarios I should follow (as mentioned below), since she has left for USA and has 6 months to return to India,

1. shall I withdraw her current visitor visa application filed from India and submit a new one with details of her visit to USA - She does not have any USA document or address proof except for B1 visa, but my brother (her son) has all required documents in his name.
or
2. Shall I keep my current visitor visa applications filed in India as is and wait for the outcome? and in case she gets passport submission request, can she submit her passport there?
or
3. Withdraw current visitor visa applications filed in India and resubmit it there (India), even though she is in USA.

Request your advise.

Regards,

Rohit

canadageorge

Administrator
This is what I see from the CIC website, 'If you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). The VAC can help make sure your application is complete and that all proper documentation is included. You must state clearly on your application why you have not applied in your normal country of residence. '. Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1017&top=16

This is what I see from the CIC website, 'If you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). The VAC can help make sure your application is complete and that all proper documentation is included. You must state clearly on your application why you have not applied in your normal country of residence. '. Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1017&top=16
Thank you for the information you have provided.

A brief background, I am based in Canada and my mother is in USA (for next 6 months and will be back in India after that). The list has VAC centres of all locations except for Canada (thats no problem I will reach local one here to know more).

But I have question related to above scenario where Shall I:
1. withdraw existing application and reapply with documents and information related to India again as submitted before September 7 (as per IRCC this should be done in case of change in status - Visitor visa applications - Canada.ca ) or
2. Keep the existing one and wait till its processed
3. withdraw existing application and reapply with details of USA (she is currently there as visitor)

Please advise.

Regards,
Rohit Trikha

epb

Hello guys.

My questions

Thanks
Did you receive your visa already?