Baby born outside Canada

Raoiii

Hi There,
I am Canadian citizen, living in montreal. Got married outside Canada and applied sponsorship for my wife which is still in process and in last stage. I got first baby 4 months ago outside Canada and I wanna apply passport for my baby but I lost my citizenship certificate which is mandatory requirement to apply passport for my baby. Replacement or new Certificate processing time is too long and can’t wait. What to do? Any special visa or travel documents to apply and I wanna bring back baby along with mother. Need help.

canadageorge

Administrator
Yes, replacing a citizenship certificate right now is taking 15 to 18 months. If you put a request of urgency on it, and it's excepted, it should take 3-4 months. Just call IRCC and ask what constitutes a reason for urgency, so the urgency is excepted. Also, what supporting documents will be needed. One good thing is that the Canadian Passport office will issue a passport if you have the Acknowledgement of Receipt (this is when your application with IRCC is put on the system). Last resort is just pay someone to help you, Immigroup offers this, but it's not necessary if you follow my steps.

Please note for future readers of this thread, IRCC timelines change all the time. Please look at the most up-to-date times and rules for urgency before preceding.