Background check

Daniel jani

Hello all respected
My question is
How long does it take to complete background check for PR express entry profile ???

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Are you asking about applying for a police certificate? Or are you asking about how long it takes IRCC to do it?

The background check is only performed after you get an ITA and actually apply for PR. There is no check for just an EE profile.

Daniel jani

Hello respected
Thank you for your reply
I am not asking for pcc
I got ITA and also submitted my file but it’s been 4months I did not get COPR and it’s still showing on my profile that ( your background check is in process )
Could you please tell me the proper meaning of background check in immigration

Daniel jani

Are you asking about applying for a police certificate? Or are you asking about how long it takes IRCC to do it?

The background check is only performed after you get an ITA and actually apply for PR. There is no check for just an EE profile.

Hello respected
Thank you for your reply
I am not asking for pcc
I got ITA and also submitted my file but it’s been 4months I did not get COPR and it’s still showing on my profile that ( your background check is in process )

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
They're evaluating the information you submitted to see whether or not you're "admissible" under Canada's IRPA.

mr.preetsingh

Hello respected
Thank you for your reply
I am not asking for pcc
Background check includes a number of procedures like Criminality, Security background, security screening and information sharing.

karabednar

Mostly the standard processing time To complete the background check is 6 months for 70 to 80% of cases For PR express entry. Processing time is started on that day when you submit the application. Many times the process takes a long time because of some complexity in the application form.