Bring family as a student

Manu vs

Hello guys,
I have been trying to migrate to Canada with family for the past one year and I am not yet successful. Now, I am planning to join a 1 year course in Ontario and bring my wife and kid over there. My wife is a vlsi design engineer with noc 2147 and her job is in demand in Ontario. I have two queries. 1) Under which visa category, I could bring wife and kid ? Do I need to show any proof of fund for bringing them? 2) If I could bring my family, whether my wife could work for a full time job with noc 2147 OR she could do only some part time jobs. ?
Thank you in anticipation.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you successfully apply for a study permit your wife can apply for an "open" work permit and you can apply for a study permit for your child. ("Open" means no job offer required.)

huzaifa123

I am an International Student and recently arrived to Canada. My wife is completing her studies in Canada and I want to apply for an open work permit for her after studies are completed. What should be the procedure for it and what are the chances of getting her the work permit?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well she can apply for a PGWP when she graduates, if she's eligible. Alternatively, she can submit an open work permit application because you're a student.

The PGWP would be granted for up to as long as her own program lasted. Her spousal open work permit would be granted for as long as your current study permit. She should pick the one that is longer.