British Citizen? Can I get british passport?


New Member
Good evening,
I was born in the UK in 1988. My father is an italian citizen and at the time of my birth he was working and living in UK with an indefinite leave to remain, my mum is a Canadian citizen and at the time of my birth she was living in the UK with an leave to enter the UK for a indefinite period. At the time of my birth my parents were married. When I was 4 years of age my parents moved to Italy and thats where I grew up.

Would like to know if given these circumstances I am a british citizen or are entitled to british passport.

Thank you.

Riley Haas

Staff member
Yes, you can apply for a UK passport with your birth certificate and proofs of your parents indefinite leave to remains.