can I just get employed and migrate ?

Shino

hi, I would like to know if I can migrate to Canada if I get employed there. If yes, how long will it takes me to stay and work in Canada before getting my permanent citizenship? Will it be all right if my job is not on the list of NOC?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you get a job offer from a Canadian employer, supported by an LMIA, and get a work permit, you must work in Canada for at least one year in a skilled occupation to qualify for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Once you are a PR, you have to live here for at bare minimum 3 years before applying for citizenship.

Shino

If you get a job offer from a Canadian employer, supported by an LMIA, and get a work permit, you must work in Canada for at least one year in a skilled occupation to qualify for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Once you are a PR, you have to live here for at bare minimum 3 years before applying for citizenship.

Thank you. I have 3 questions on this.
first, approximately how long do I need from application to approval as PR?

second, does it means that during this period of applying as PR I cannot travel elsewhere?

third. "bare minimum 3 years before applying for citizenship" can it be non-consecutive years? If not, for each year what many days can I leave Canada?

I know its a lot =.= thank you~ have a nice day

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you are eligible to apply for PR directly, you need to enter the Express Entry pool. https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entrys-comprehensive-rating-system Then you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). How long this takes depends upon how high your score is: https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entry-pool-points-distribution-july-12-2019 Once you respond to the ITA it should take approximately 6 months.

When you are a PR you can travel elsewhere. The residence requirement is two years out of every five must be lived in Canada.

For citizenship applications the residence requirement is stricter: 3 years out of the last 5 years. Those days do not have to be consecutive.