Can I qualify for Canada Express entry if I am presently residing in Quebec with a valid job?

Abrowanil

I have been staying in Canada for more then one year and now I am planning to apply for Permanent Resident through Canada Express Entry. For the first 11 months I was staying and working in Ontario. I got a job from India through LMIA process. Presently I got a job and working in Montreal for last 3 months. My present employer is Quebec based and he sponsored a new closed work permit. He cancelled last closed work permit and issued new closed work permit in Montreal.

My question is whether I can apply for express entry as I don't want to go for province nomination. Whether my stay in Quebec doesn't allow me to apply for express entry. Whether my new job will give me 50 points as we get for LMIA.

Amit Singh

Yes, you can apply for Canada Express Entry if you are presently residing in Quebec and want to move to some other province. Moreover, you can also count your work experience; however, if you have a valid job offer, you are required to meet certain requirements such as:
• Be full-time and non-seasonal;
• Last for a minimum of 12 months;
• Be at Skill Level 0, A, or B, and also be in accordance with the NOC
• Have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), or it must be LMIA exempt.
I hope the above information might be helpful!
Best of Luck!