Canadian PR residency not met - moving back

warlord88

Hello there,

So i got my Canadian PR along with my parents in 2012. I stayed in Canada for a while(less than an year) and then due to work moved away. Fast forward to 2022 - i am married and have a kid and want to move to back to Canada - parents are now Canadian citizens and since they are getting old, they need support.

That being said, is it possible i can revive my Canadian PR from 2012 and add my wife and child to it ? Or do i have to go through Express Entry and apply again ? We both are skilled workers in our 30's.

TIA !

-W

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
I would not hire anyone until I had first a paid consultation. Just make sure you find someone that has lot's of experience filing these type of applications. The question you need answered are: is it worth trying, what are my chances and what is the cost for trying.

If you are going to contact IRCC, the question you need answered is, "what situation constitutes a reinstatement a residency".

KSingh_RCIC

Hello there,

So i got my Canadian PR along with my parents in 2012. I stayed in Canada for a while(less than an year) and then due to work moved away. Fast forward to 2022 - i am married and have a kid and want to move to back to Canada - parents are now Canadian citizens and since they are getting old, they need support.

That being said, is it possible i can revive my Canadian PR from 2012 and add my wife and child to it ? Or do i have to go through Express Entry and apply again ? We both are skilled workers in our 30's.

TIA !

-W
You definitely need professional advise, but as the poster above said first try to get some paid consultation. Based on your case, you may note the following points for your information:

1) You have not lost your PR until it has been officially revoked. Yes you did move away for work in 2012. You will loose your PR when you try to renew your PR Card or apply for PRTD or arrive at the POE in Canada. You will then loose your PR under section A46(1)(b), which states that the the PR will be lost for failing to meet the residency requirements as per A28.

2) Basically, the above means that you have not lost your PR until an officer examines it.

3) No, you cannot revive your PR.

4) You can apply for temporary resident visa and visit your parents in Canada.

Express Entry is not the only way. There is H&C applications, Home support care worker etc and several other options that you can qualify for, but all of this needs professional consultation and case research. I wish you all the best.