Canadian PR Status

ghegie

Hi,
I'm a Canadian Citizen, and my wife and son, both Canadian PR lives with me here in the US. We are applying for green card, and would like to know if my wife and son can continue/renew their PR status once we get our green card. I understand that they don't have issues with residency requirement for Canadian PR , since they live with me since they landed in Canada last 2016. If having dual residency is not allowed, do they need to renounce their PR? Thanks

ghegie

Thanks Riley for the reply. I guess we'll just try to renew it then until we get US citizenship, to avoid any hassle when going to Canada. My worry is when they go to Canada with expired PR, immigration will surely question them.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well they can come to Canada to renew their PR cards as long as they can prove they live with you. But they need to return each time before their PR Cards expire.

ghegie

Thanks again Riley.

Yes, we'll just plan to go to Canada to apply/pick-up the PR cards. We leave in border state (Michigan), so it's easy for us to make trips to Canada (Windsor Ontario) anyways.