Changing Job Title For BC PNP

Hi all,

I currently have worked for a hotel as Front Desk Supervisor for 8 months. I was going to apply for EE BC Skilled for BC PNP, however the points are too high and I do not have enough time left on my work permit to do this.

I am interested to apply for BC PNP Semi Skilled as a Front Desk Clerk, and BC PNP say that you must work in the position for 9 months to be eligible, however I do not have the time to start another 9 months in the eligible position. During my 8 months although I was supervisor I did complete all of the Front Desk Clerk job duties on a daily basis.

I have spoken to a lawyer and they said I could still be eligible for Semi Skilled if I put on my work letter 'Lead Front Desk Clerk' and both Supervisor and Front Desk Clerk job responsibilities. My Manager is willing to re write my letter of employment and back date it to state I was always a Lead and not a Supervisor.

I am currently in the BC PNP pool for Skilled and have registered my Supervisor experience for 8 months. My plan is to withdraw this and re submit a BC PNP profile as Lead Front Desk Clerk. I have also applied for a work permit extension to IRCC and included a letter stating I have been Supervisor for 8 months. If the BC PNP is approved I plan to re inform the IRCC that I was a Lead and not Supervisor.

My question is this deemed misleading BC PNP and IRCC as I am changing the job title and what are the potential consequences for me and my employer?
Are the risks quite high as I have already informed BC PNP and IRCC of my Supervisor job?
Or are the risks quite low as I am only changing the job title, and I argue that I have completed the job duties of Front Desk Clerk in addition to the Supervisor duties?

Any help would be appreciated and I do not wish to do anything that I should not on my application.

Many Thanks.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
This is a question for a lawyer or RCIC. And unfortunately I have no idea if your lawyer is correct here. I can see both sides of it, that it could be considered misleading and also that it could be considered relatively irrelevant. Sorry I cannot be of more help.