Citizenship Test

ishramesh

Hi!
I completed my citizenship test on April 6, 2021 and passed the test. I was waiting for the next steps but no updates from IRCC. Today I reached out to one of the IRCC agents and the agent mentioned my cancelled was cancelled due to technical issues. I was asked to wait until IRCC contacts me and I will have to retake my test.

Did any of you experience this? I request some advice on what to do next from my side.

Thanks in advance.

harrycan01in

Hello,

I gave my Canadian citizenship test in March 2021 and I passed it. I received an email just recently for an invitation to write a citizenship test. I am confused as to why did I receive an email to give exam again. Anyone else faced this issue?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe they were having the same technical difficulties. Have you checked your status online? Does the test email say anything about why you have to retake it?

misaac

Hi,

I gave online test in may 2021 and my status has changed to "completed" for all categories except citizenship ceremony., so next will be oating ?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That's a really good question. It used to happen only a few weeks or months after the test but I'm not sure how the pandemic has affected that.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Your application is being processed in Sydney. It sounds like they will be getting a vaccine passport. Hopefully that will speed everything up.

misaac

Your application is being processed in Sydney. It sounds like they will be getting a vaccine passport. Hopefully that will speed everything up.
oh really, hmm. so after swearing when i apply for passport things will be little different i guess. thanks my friend.