Clarification on Work Experience!

gm.rajasekar

Hello guys,

Hope you and your families are safe and healthy during this challenging time.

I had worked part-time as an accountant for a firm in U.A.E while residing in India without any residence permit in U.A.E. Please advise if I would be able to add this to my work experience.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Raj

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
For Express Entry? You need to be working a specific number of hours per week. So if you had another job at the same time, you can add both. But if it was just this job I believe it will not qualify?

yatinkumar

If you are applying for Canada PR as a skilled worker from outside Canada, then to qualify under Federal Skilled Worker Program, your skilled work experience must be in one of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups, i.e. Managerial jobs (skill type 0), Professional jobs (skill level A) or Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B).

It has to be of minimum 1 year of continuous paid work or 1,560 hours total, i.e. 30 hours per week.

It could be full-time at a single job or equal amount of part-time job, i.e. 15 hours/week for 24 months or full-time at more than 1 job, i.e. 30 hours per week for an year at more than 1 job.