Clarification regarding the documents of dependents for EE PR Visa

bdmp

I am applying for PR visa in Canada, me and my spouse are living separately past more than 3 years now. We are not legally separated, hence my marital status I enter as married, but spouse as non-accompanying. We have a baby, who is 2.5 years old.

I have provided a self-affidavit explaining my situation and unable to provide spouse documents due to the current scenario. I have got approval and nomination in OINP.

I have recieved ITA recently in the Federal post addition of the points for PNP nomination. Considering my spouse to be non-cooperative for the Medical examination and PCC, is a self affidavit (which I have also used for the OINP process where it is checked and approved) sufficient mentioning the current situation?

(Or)

What will be your suggestion in terms of supporting documentation I need to provide considering the above scenario?

Will it have an impact on my child's PR process? Is it advisable to put child as accompanying/non-accompanying.? If I put her as non-accompanying, am worried about what will be the process later to get the child/spouse (as I intend to apply for sponshorship for my spouse even, when things fall into place with time; since I do not think of any separation/divorce).

Thanks
BDMP

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
is a self affidavit sufficient mentioning the current situation?
Do you mean for yourself specifically? If it was sufficient for the OINP it may be sufficient for the federal government, but I don't know for sure. I'd suggest either calling the IRCC call centre (at 1-888-242-2100) or speaking to an immigration professional.

What will be your suggestion in terms of supporting documentation I need to provide considering the above scenario?
Basically, you just need to document that you cannot get the information requested. An affidavit is a good start.

Will it have an impact on my child's PR process?
If you do not provide the medical exam, you will not be able to sponsor your child in the future. To prevent this, you will have to document the efforts you have taken to get your child an approved medical exam and demonstrate that you cannot do so. You should really speak to someone who's handled one of these cases, as it's tricky and a mistake could mean that you can never sponsor your child.

The same thing is true for your spouse, if she will willingly be sponsored. It's harder here because, though the officer might understand why you cannot get your child's medical exam, they will be very confused as to why you cannot get your wife's if you plan on sponsoring her later.

Hope this helps.