Common-law sponsorship and rehab

robert

Want some opinion/advice about the happening.

I came with my common-law partner in july 2014 to Canada, she is Canadian military. We lived together in Germany since aug 2013, where she was posted.
We filed an extension for visitor visa in dec 2014 and sponsorship for common-law/spouse in Quebec and Canada and application for permanent residentship. I already have my Quebec certificate.

In aug 2015 i went for an interview in Montreal, and because i am inadmissable because i did something bad in my country (Im Dutch) i needed to send application for temporary resident permit to the officer in Halifax, so thats what we did, he also told me that the application for permanent residency was refused.
I do have police certificate of Germany and The Netherlands saying there is no issue or threat to not give that certificate, these were also included with the application.

When i login to my account at cic it still says application recieved. We have asked for 2 years, so we can also ask for a work permit and get a job so we can pay the expenses for the rehab program.
I still dont have the paper temporary resident permit, so i called 2nd time to cic and they say they already send a message to the office which is responsible for that paper so they now have 3 months to take action.

Im worried that whenever we recieve that paper i wont have the oppertunity to get a job so i cant send the rehab. application.

Can somebody give me any advice ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, you need to talk to a consultant or a lawyer. Anyone who doesn't have the expertise is not going to be able to help you very much. There's a lot going on in your situation, and just clarifying the process you've gone through alone will take time.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's a complicated situation. So whoever does give you advice is going to have to get clear on your type of inadmissibility, when the event(s) occurred, when the PR application was refused, why it was refused, and so on.

robert

What i really dont understand is, i included police certificates of Germany and the Netherlands showing nothing on them and because i write on the paper what i did even with the certificate im inadmissable.

How come ?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Robert,
If you're criminally inadmissible, when you become "deemed rehabilitated" depends on the conviction and sentence. If you are not yet "deemed rehabilitated," you have to go out of your way to prove you are, in fact, "rehabilitated," and police certificates in and of themselves are probably not enough for that.
As for getting a TRP before you are "rehabilitated," you have to show Canada some reason that you need to come to Canada so, again, police certificates in and of themselves aren't really enough.

Hope this helps.