Crown service Uk


New Member
Hi after much searching and phoning the home office more than once i am still unclear if i can pass on my Nationality British Citizen to my child, currently unborn. Back ground about me... I was born to 2 british citizens in april 1982 in Germany my father was on Crown Service army. My child is going to be born in Germany also.
please has any one clear Information as i belive im not british by decent beceause father was on "crown service" I also have a consular birth certificate and can therefore pass nationality on although i was born in 1982

Riley Haas

Active Member
Honestly I'm not sure. You might want to speak to our UK passport expert about it. My understanding is that you cannot pass it down, but I have read that you can if your parent was on "Crown Service" as that is considered equivalent of birth in the UK.