CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience

judy

Hi,

I have more than 5 years in my profession as an Accountant. I am an NRI residing in UAE since birth. My English level of proficiency is also high (CRS score 130). However, I only received 25 points for skill transferability. I believe I should get full 50 points given my experience and IELTS scores. Could anybody advise what can be done to request for a higher score for this criteria? Thanks.

People are confused about how the 100 point maximum "skill transferability factor" in express entry is calculated. Points in this category can be obtained by COMBINING two of your background factors, they are your level of education and your language experience.
It is broken down into two categories (Namely "A" or "B") of 50 points maximum each:

Category A: Your level of education must be combined with:
  1. Official Language Proficiency (s 21) - maximum of 50 points
  2. Canadian Skilled Work Experience (s 22) - maximum of 50 points
Category B: Your foreign skilled work experience must be combined with:
  1. Official Language Proficiency (s 23) - maximum of 50 points
  2. Canadian Skilled Work Experience (s 24) - maximum of 50 points
Note that even though you may be able to score over 50 points in either category A or B, it will be rounded down to 50 points maximum for each category. So for example, if you score 63 points in category A, and 25 points on category B, you will get a final score of 75 for skill transferability (63 is rounded down to 50 plus 25 from category B).

Kindly refer this and decide for yourself. For detailed info visit globaltree.in