Date of birth issue

Adan

I have a query regarding spouse's date of birth. If all the documents of main applicant are correct but there is an issue of incorrect date of birth in spouse's documents like passport have one DOB and medical and police clearance have another DOB because of incorrect DOB on residence card of saudi arabia. We will write an explanation letter while submitting the documents after ITA.What are the consequences in this case? Will they reject our case?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
An explanation letter should be sufficient. If you are unsure, you can hire a consultant (RCIC) or a lawyer to help you with the wording of the letter.

Adan

Yes we have already hired a consultant for our case. And brother can u plz tell me clearly about rejection(God forbid) of the case due to this issue.
As I have already told u that main applicant's documents are all fine but just there is problem with the date of birth of spouse.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of any cases where applications were refused merely because of a date of birth discrepancy (that has a legitimate explanation, which was provided to IRCC). But I'm just the admin of this forum. I've never submitted any applications myself.