Dependent Child

Sid

Hi, me and my wife has Canadian pr and my minor daughter is US citizen. We are planning to come to Canada and enroll my daughter in Canadian school. Any idea if my daughter can enter Canada with us or we will need to get any Visa for her to be able to enter Canada. Does my US citizen daughter needs to take any visa or study permit to be able to attend school in Canada, she is in 4th grade? Please share if any one has insight. Thank you.

canadageorge

Administrator
Getting in to Canada should not be to hard, but what documents the school will need is another question. On the short term, you could just get your child into a private school, maybe even the public (but I would first call and find out).

At some point you will need to file a Sponsorship application for the child. Should be easy in your case (but don't rush the application).

Sid

Thank you canadageorge for your insight. I am wondering if it would be better if i get a student visa for her and then travel. i think public schools would consider student visa if any documentation is required for admission.

Sid

yep, I agree; calling the school board is definitely a good idea. Thank you canadageorge.