Disapproved PRTD

JAE1009

My family and I received our visa for permanent residency in 2015 and landed in Canada las May 4, 2016. However due to my mother's medical condition and marital issues, we decided to come back to the Philippines 2 months later. My wife and kids received their PR cards but mine was not included in the mail received. Their PR cards are due to expire on August 29, 2021. We failed to inform the Immigration of Canada because for the past three years we are in the process of rebuilding our family and waited until we are all stable and ready for our new life together in a new country and environment.

With an agreed plan to finally migrate for good by next year, last February 2020, I applied for a PRTD (IMM5524) and cited the reason I did not receive the original PR card attaching my wife and kids' for reference. However I got my passport and notification from Canadian Embassy in Manila last June 29, 2020 informing that my request was disapproved for the reason of not meeting the required residency for a 5-year period. We were surprised because the reply is somewhat disconnected in answering the request and stated reason I gave. I was given 60 days to file for an appeal at the IAD Office in Toronto.

While doing research and preparing for his appeal. We came across IMM 5451-Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed, or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card. We are now at a crossroad whether to proceed on filling the appeal at the IAD - Toronto or proceed in filing the IMM5451 since I really didn't receive my PR card in the first place.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well the MM 5451-Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed, or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card is intended for people in Canada. Since you have already applied for a PRTD, they may not fall for it. (They may. It's always possible.)

You need to file that appeal. They're going to take away your status. Talk to a lawyer or Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) as soon as possible.