Do I need to medical again?

andy__fbd

Hi guys,

I had my medical upfront exam done while I was submitting my application for PR (Aug, 2021). I thought it would come handy and save me some time. I submitted my application in August 2021 and had exam in the same time(Aug 12-2021). I got my letter for medical exam this week. Can I ask the doctor to send the medical exam results now or I need to get another one?

Thanks for the help.

andy__fbd

Thanks @canadageorge for the reply. Our exam will expire in Aug 2022, is that long enough time, Doctor said they can submit it next week. Not sure if 4 months is enough for IRCC to process it

Thanks @canadageorge for the reply. Our exam will expire in Aug 2022, is that long enough time, Doctor said they can submit it next week. Not sure if 4 months is enough for IRCC to process it
Ottawa, October 12, 2022—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a temporary public policy that exempts certain low-risk, in-Canada, foreign nationals from submitting an immigration medical examination (IME) as part of their application when their previous IME has expired. This supports faster processing of applications to help eligible foreign nationals quickly obtain temporary or permanent resident status.

This exemption applies to foreign nationals who have

• a new or pending application for permanent or temporary residence or a permanent resident visa, made from within Canada
  • completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and posed no risk to public health or safety, or reported to public health authorities for monitoring, as required
Source: Streamlining immigration medical examination requirements

If you want us to do the paperwork, apply at PAIC Website.
To get the latest updates on Canada immigration news follow our Quora space: Paul's Canada Immigration Updates.

Hi guys,

I had my medical upfront exam done while I was submitting my application for PR (Aug, 2021). I thought it would come handy and save me some time. I submitted my application in August 2021 and had exam in the same time(Aug 12-2021). I got my letter for medical exam this week. Can I ask the doctor to send the medical exam results now or I need to get another one?
Typically, the results of the medical examination are valid for a year. Also in most cases they can be used during this period for the immigration process. You can also find out in healthcare help service, use https://mysupergeek.com/healthcare-help-service they can help you. However, it is better to consult. It is better to find out information from trusted sources.
Thanks for the help.
Requirements may vary depending on the country and type of immigration program. It is always better to get specific recommendations from official sources. It's my opinion.

Last edited: