Does ITA roll over?

nehahuja

Hi!
I have a CRS score of 456 under the FSW umbrella and I have just submitted my application (17th July). I need help understanding the ITA process. The last cut-off for ITA (July 2019, first draw) was 460. If my score does not meet the cut off in the next draw (July 2019, 2nd draw), will my application be part of a pool for the draw after that (August 2019) for ITA?
2) If not, then what can I do to be considered again for the subsequent drawing in August 2019?
3) Do I have to apply again, viz. create a new Express Entry profile? Please advice.
4) Are there a minimum number of drawings my profile will be considered towards?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Last edited:

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Let's try to answer your questions:
  1. Yes, your profile sits in the pool for 1 year. If you somehow still haven't received an ITA by then, you can enter again.
  2. But you do have to qualify for FSW in addition to having 456 points, FYI
  3. Only once the year is up.
  4. No
Hope this helps!

smokey11

Hi Riley

Is it possible to pull the application before the 1 year is over?

I am asking this because I was informed the age is locked on the date you submit the application, so I am thinking of withdrawing my existing application before my coming birthday and submitting a new one immediately (which will last one year)

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you can delete your pool profile, yes.

I don't know whether or not your age is "locked in". I would have assumed the system was sophisticated enough to update your age based upon your birthday - or, at the very least, the person reviewing your application will judge your application based upon your age when they are reviewing it - but I cannot tell you that is true, I don't personally know.