Educational Credential min grades

FannyTa

Hello, my husband wants to get a ECA by WES because we can get more points in the EE but his grades are not the best. He has 2 bachelor's degree, in the first one he got a GPA between 3.3-3.49 or B+ (Chilean grade of 5.7) and in the second one he got a GPA 2.99-3.29 or B (Chilean grade of 5.1). Does the grades matter in the assessment or not?? I am asking in case his grades ar too low to get a convalidation he better doesn't do it. Thanks!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know for sure but I believe they are assessing what level the degrees are equivalent to in Canada, not how well he did.

FannyTa

Thanks Riley!!
Now I have another question, I dont know if I can do it here or need a new post. I will try:
My husband studied in Canada (College) a 1-year program that included 4 months of English as 2nd language and then 4 months of Hospitality plus 4 months the Co-Op of Hospitality (finally it was extended to 7 months of English and the same 8 months of Hospitality). The problem is I completely forgot this when I did the express entry profile and now I got the ITA so my concerns is if this Program can be considered as "one-year program at University, college, trade or technical school or other institute" so I can add it to the ITA info. If yes, should I add it as English program or as Hospitality program?? Thanks a lot!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again,
I'm really not sure because ESL courses are not normally accepted for, say, study permits, so I'm not sure they would also qualify for immigration. But if he already got the ITA I'm not sure he needs it. I'm sorry to say I think this is a question for a consultant (RCIC) or lawyer with Federal Skilled Worker application experience.

My guess is that it's irrelevant if he has the ITA but including it in the actual application shouldn't hurt. But that is very much just a guess.