Employer refusing to provide JOB offer letter

mandapati

Hi Folks,

I'm working in Toronto for 1.5 years. I would like to apply PR for my family. When I calculate the points in CIC website, its coming around 400 points. Which is not at all sufficient for Ontario province. If I able to get the JOB offer letter from my employer it will add another 50 points which is good in my case but my employer is refusing to provide the job offer letter.

I want to know is there any other way I can get JOB offer letter ?

Thanks in advance.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Why are they refusing to provide you with a job offer? Can you give me some specifics? Example: "We are employing you only through the end of your work permit." Maybe there's some confusion here between what you are asking for and what they think you are asking for.

The only other way to get a job offer would be to switch employers.

mandapati

Thank you Riley for your response.

I can't switch employer because I'm working under closed work permit.

They might be think employing me only through the end of my work permit and not sure what is real reason beyond that? :(

Interestingly they are going to renew my WP for another one year. :)

mandapati

May be I'm not answering what exactly you are looking for.
They will ask set of information, I will fill those information and they send me the Work Permit once they get it.

Is this information you want?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I've never done a renewal, so I wasn't sure what the process was myself. I just assumed that you needed an extension of the job offer too.