Entering USA

hamodi1983

Hello,

I am just wondering if Canadian passport holder with certain stamps from other countries eg countries with no diplomatic relations or poor relations with USA will be denied or experience difficulties with immigration officer when trying to enter the country??

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You probably won't be denied for that reason alone - though you could very well be denied for other reasons - but you may face additional questioning and even have to go to "secondary" because of those stamps, sorry to say. I personally know of a few people who have had trouble, especially when those visits are close together.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Best thing to do is to be calm, and to give them no grounds to ask further questions, if that's at all possible.

hamodi1983

I have some Sudanese stamps in my passport last year but no other stamps from middle east countries I don't think is big deal just want be sure it won't cause issue. Can you clarify what you mean by "close together"??

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Sure. For example, if you went to Jordan, and then went to Syria a month later, and then went to Iraq, I think you'd probably have a lot of questions to answer at the border. A few trips to Sudan seems less likely to prompt questions, especially if you are Sudanese Canadian, but you never know. Expect more questions than the average person.

Hope this helps.