Entry/Exit initiative phase 3 now up and running?

Mugs68

Hello

I'll be renewing my PR card next year. Does anyone know if the above is now up and running? Crossed the border the other day and didn't see any signs indicating that travel info is now being shared for everyone, including U.S. and Canadian citizens. I keep record of my trips but am curious if this initiative is now in full force.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
This is what I can find: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/btb-pdf/ebsiip-asfipi-eng.html Seems like it will be implemented later in the year. It's definitely a cause for concern for any permanent resident who is not keeping track of their trips so good for you for keeping track.

As a citizen, my primary concern was a hassle at the border but it seems as though they will just be receiving my US entry data.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and thanks for bringing this up. I had forgotten about it. We have a page on our website I need to update. Thanks again.

Mugs68

I'd heard it was coming into force in June of this year but since there was nothing to indicate this at the border I thought maybe it had been delayed again. I'm curious about one thing though: I enter Canada with my PR card but enter the U.S. Only with my American passport. How are they going to track my activity if this is the case? The U.S. Border people don't want to see my PR card.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well presumably those two documents are linked in their system, i.e. they know that you are the holder of both the PR Card and the US Passport.