Exit visa and entry to Canada

Abby123

Hello,

I've sent out my application to sponsor my Cuban husband on July 12, 2016.
It's been 3 months since they obtained all documents, not sure what is taking so long, but I guess each scenario is different.

My question is, if the application gets approved, does my husband need to obtain and exit visa from Cuba and entry visa to Canada? How is he going to leave Cuba, are there any documents that he will obtain from the Canadian embassy in Cuba that he can leave?
And, how about the plane ticket? Does he have to buy it in Cuba or can I buy the ticket here in Canada and just send him the e-ticket? Also, Do I get one-way ticket from Cuba to Canada only?

Thank you for your time,

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Once the application is approved, he will become a permanent resident, and does not need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. (He would need an exit visa from Cuba, still, however.)
If you want him to come to Canada before it is approved, he will need a visitor visa. In our experience these applications are rarely, if ever, approved unfortunately.

As to the ticket itself, if he's already a PR, it wouldn't matter to Canada who bought it, but it might to Cuba. I don't know. Sorry.

Riley