Express Entry Skilled Work pool + IEC questions

saashmeister

Hi everyone!

I am currently in Canada from Australia on an IEC Visa for 2 years.

I finish my 1 year in Canada next week, and am currently in the candidate pool for Express Entry because I love it here so much.

My points are 449 - I have 2 degrees and work experience back in Australia but have been working as a waitress in a non NOC code job since arriving here. So, not in my 'primary occupation' as stated on my application but i would rather work nights and casually so i can travel, auditon etc etc.

I really want to stay in Canada past 2 years - hence my PR application but am nervous about my lower points and hate that I'm sitting just waiting in the pool HOPING i'll get picked.

My boss told me there is an opportunity for me, as an Australia, to apply for ANOTHER IEC Visa to stay for an extra 2 years (if i don't get chosen in the pool for months and months)

This would relieve so much stress and allow me to safely have 4 years here - but is this true? Can I wait a few months then apply for another IEC Visa while still here and while my current one is still valid?

Is this a safe option? Or would it be safer to push for a full time job to get that "canadian work experience" that i'm lacking to guarantee my stay here?

can you actually get another IEC visa is my question... and if so, can i apply while in the pool already for Express Entry

thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out :) it is very hard to find anyone in my situation!! :)

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So the second time through IEC for Australians is only open for CO-OPs, not for working holidays. (If you are on a different version of IEC than working holiday it might be slightly different.)

Is your work experience back in Australia recent enough to qualify for Federal Skilled Worker? Not too long ago, 449 was a good score. It's pretty reasonable to suspect that it might be a good score again in a few months.