Express Entry with Canadian Spouse

JCBish9

Hello everyone,

My husband is applying for permanent residency in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry programme. I am a Canadian citizen, as are our two children (dual Canadian-South African citizens); all four of us currently reside in South Africa. Do my children and I need to be included in his application as "accompanying family members"?

My husband has received his ITA and is completing the application, where the three of us who are Canadian citizens have been included. It is now giving us a break-down of the costs, and includes fees for my two sons and I to become permanent residents - which we obviously do not need since we are citizens.

What should we do? Should we remove myself and our two children from the application and let my husband proceed with his application on his own? His points would not be affected by my children and I no longer being on the application - he has not received any points through me/them.

Many thanks for your help!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
No, your children do not need to be included, because they are citizens. (If they do not have passports, you should get those passports ASAP.)

Yes, remove yourselves from the application. You shouldn't be there.