Express Entry with Spouse

praveen4029

Hi,

I am applying for Express Entry with spouse

1) Do I need ECA for my wife's Educational Qualification
2) If I am selected in Express Entry , Can my wife also to work in Canada.

Thank...

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
If you are the one that is applying, your education must be "equivalated." I believe your wife's only needs to be "equivalated" if you are trying to get points for her education. If not, then I don't believe it's an issue.

Once you are accepted, your wife can apply for an "open" work permit, which would allow her to work for most anyone in Canada.

Hope this helps.

drmohhit

I am an Indian studied Post Graduate Diploma in Health Management from New Zealand. I want to immigrate to Canada preferably Toronto or Montreal. We will have one dependent in August. Are there any good chances to Immigrate to these parts?

drmohhit

No supervision but doing by own. administrators answer phones, schedule appointments and organize medical records, process insurance forms, prepare reports and assist physicians with various presentations or articles, record medical histories and schedule patients for hospitalization or other procedures, bookkeeping tasks, such as billing patients, preparing financial and tax reports and processing invoices. Medical office administrators are expected to use spreadsheet, accounting and word processing software.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Would "Medical Secretary" describe what you did? If not, can you find your occupation using this http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/occupation_search-eng.do;jsessionid=732307F650C788915EED19A21221E188.imnav1 ?

drmohhit

I think this suits the mentioned category and in here it is called Medical Administrator. I would like to ask which way is best for me to Immigrate.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is a "skilled" position. So you are probably eligible for Express Entry, provided you can get your education credentials recognized: http://www.immigroup.com/news/educational-credential-assessment-eca-express-entry

drmohhit

One more thing I need to ask is that Do I have to hire an Immigration Advocate for my case? Many advocate asks for around $3500-4000 USD fees for the case processing. Is it mandatory to have one of them? Guide me as you have guided so far.
Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It is absolutely not mandatory. We charge in Canadian ourselves, but our rate depends upon a number of factors (though it is likely less than USD$4000 in your case). People hire lawyers and consultants for peace of mind, for help understanding the details of the applications, for ensuring completeness, and other reasons, but it's absolutely not mandatory.

drmohhit

I would like to contact you If you think my case is possible for you to be successful. And if it is possible for less than $3000 in my case I can pay that. I will send you my updated CV. Thanks a lot.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You are welcome to book a consultation with us. The best way is to email [email protected] or call 1-416-962-2623. I can't promise it will be less than CAD$3000, though. (It depends on the application.)

behl

Hi Riley,

I am an Indian working in US. I was going through ECA procedures. I have all my documents with me. Is it still mandatory that I need to have an Official Record request. If yes How do i get this done while I am in US. I have already paid fees at ICAS Canada.
Regards

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Did you get the request from ICAS? If you did, you need to contact your university(ies) and have them send the official records directly to them. Is that what you're asking?

behl

Their site says so. When I mailed them to inquire about same they said yes it is mandatory. But I am in US. Can A consultant help us in this situation.
I mean how do we contact our universities in India and whom do we contact.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't know that a consultant can help here. You need to call or email your University/College (or what have you). Some schools want you to do it in person, but some will let you order them from far away.

drmohhit

Hello Sir! I would like to know some information regarding Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program i.e
Employer-Driven Skilled Worker Category or International Graduate Category. Is there any positive aspect for this program?