extension of YP visa


New Member
I know my application will be denied, but I want to apply anyway and hopefully get an extra two months of work. My question is what visa cathegory should I pick at the application to not to get my application denied right away? I'm not waiting for LMIA, I have basically nothing I can built on - should I pick "other" or should I pick "open work permit". Can anybody please share their experience?

Thank you,

Riley Haas

Staff member
Hi Lenka,
So basically you want to extend your Young Professionals open work permit even though you know the extension will be denied?
And you do not want to wait for an LMIA, or you cannot get one?